How To Keep Your Flowers Fresh
Best tips to keep your flowers fresh, if your bouquet is delivered to your home or workplace, wrapped in cellophane and water in the ends:
As flowers are a living piece of nature, they require some hygiene practices to keep them last longer and looking their best.
- Its best to remove the packaging and trim the stems.
- Ensure that the vase you place the flowers into is very clear.
- Cut approximately 1cm from the end, this method helps the flowers absorb the water faster
- The vase should only be filled ¾’s full. Only use fresh water
- Add the flower food to the vase
- Never leave foliage in the water as this can cause bacteria
- It is best to refresh the water every 2 - 3 days.
Flower Arrangements / Plants
If you receive a beautiful arrangement then there is a little less work involved.
- Keep the compost or the oasis moist by adding water. Be careful not to overwater your arrangement or plant. Repeat this every few days.
- Ensure you do not place in direct sunlight.
- Clip any deteriorated buds and throw away.
If you are not sure which arrangement to send a loved one or friend, please contact our friendly staff today at 01259 760037